Huge congratulations to Don Morehouse and John Hurley for taking home 2nd and 3rd Place medals in the Cat 1 Super D.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Mitch Ropelato won the pro class win with more than 10 seconds over 2nd place finisher, Mikey Sylvestri. Grame Pitts was 5th in Pro.
Awesome race report and photos at VitalMTB.
Mikey Sylvestry launching the drop Photo Sequence
Full Reaper Madness results at DownhillMike.com
Bootleg Canyon * Boulder City, Nevada * February 18th & 19th, 2012
Reaper Madness DH & SD Online Registration Closing Date is Sunday,
February 12, 2012 @ 11:59 PM PST
On-Site Registration will be available on Friday, Saturday and early
Here is the Official Event Itinerary for more details and exact times.
Friday February 17, 2012:
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm: Registration open on site for both downhill and super d.
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm: Open practice on both race courses. (Event shuttle service will be available for an additional $20.00)
- 4:00 pm: Super D registration closes
Saturday February 18, 2012: 9:30 am
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Registration open for super d.
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm: Registration open for downhill and chainless downhill
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm: Open practice on downhill course
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am: Open practice on Super D course
- 9:30 am- USA Cycling Official Rider Meeting for Super D
- 11:00 am: Super D start list to be posted
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Super D course closed for maintenance.
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Super D race.
- 2:00pm – 4:00 pm: Super d course re-opens for all others.
- 4:00 pm: Registration closes for downhill and chainless downhill
- 4:00 pm: Super d awards.
Sunday February 19, 2012: (no day of registration for pros)
- 7:15am- 10:15: am: Open Practice on the downhill course.
- 9:00 am- USA Cycling Official Rider Meeting for Downhill
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Amateur Registration will re-open for DH & Chainless DH.
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am: Pro seeding run.
- 11:00 am: Downhill start list to be posted.
- 11:00 am – 12 noon: Downhill course closed for maintenance.
- 12:00 pm – 2:30 or 3:00 pm: Downhill race.
- 3:00 – 3:15 pm: Open Downhill (same course immediately after the main event).
- 3:15 pm – 4:00 pm: Open Chainless Downhill (same course immediately after the main event).
- 4:30 pm – 5:00pm: Downhill awards
Bootleg Canyon * Boulder City, Nevada * February 18th – 20th, 2011
Huge congratulations to local Northstar/Giant racer Jon Wilson for winning the Super D!!! Also big congratulations to Mikey Sylvestri for taking 2nd in Pro DH on a 5″ travel trail bike!
There is already a ton of great coverage on the event so here are some of the links:
The racecourse for the Nevada State Downhill Championship this weekend at Bootleg Canyon.
*Note: you can change the resolution from 360p to 720p HD in the video screen once you start the video (we can’t make the default resolution HD in WordPress yet).
We’re in! Let us know if you’re going.
Hello DH Reno,
We were just awarded the Nevada State Championship by USA Cycling. I thought I would send this event poster off to you for your web site for the gravity folks of Reno.
We hired CJ Sports timing for timing the event and the on site registration so all will go super smooth.