Report from the University of Nevada Cycling Team:
UNR is proud to have their second-ever U.S. National Champion with Andrea Napoli’s win in Women’s Downhill (Jon Wilson was the first)! Nevada sent 9 riders altogether to compete in both Endurance and Gravity Events after qualifying 3rd place as a team in the conference. Conditions were incredibly tough this year, and after feet of snow fell in the mountains of Angelfire, NM just days before, riders had to contend with treacherous snow, ice and mud. The Wolf Pack racers proved they were UNR’s strongest team in years on the difficult trails, and several riders made it home with top-ten finishes.
Women’s Gravity Events:
- Andrea Napoli (1st Downhill, 10th Dual Slalom)
- Dani Griffo (3rd Downhill, 11th Dual Slalom)
- Kristy Peck (14th Downhill)
Men’s Gravity Events:
- Jon Wilson (7th Downhill, 11th Dual Slalom)
- Casey Coffman (14th Downhill, 22nd Dual Slalom)
- Ben Jones (25th Downhill)
- Oakley Erickson (51st Downhill)
Women’s Endurance Events:
- Kristy Peck (23rd Cross-Country, 35th Short Track)
Men’s Endurance Events:
- Levi Grabow (45th Cross-Country, 67th Short Track)
Snow on the dh course.
Andrea Napoli talks about winning the women’s Division II downhill national title.