First, a little bit about the Intense Carbine:
MEET THE CARBINE – Carbon Fiber With an American Attitude
Intense Cycles introduces its new carbon fiber mountain bike, the Carbine.
State of the art engineering and technology, along with the vision and design of Jeff Steber, has culminated in the production of our most alluring and inspired mountain bike design to date. “We combined the best of the best” says Steber, “American design with German engineering.”
Intense employed the services of German firm, SEED Engineering to match its vision with their expertise in carbon-fiber product development and engineering.
The brains behind SEED come from years of experience in carbon fiber manufacturing. “We use all the great technology there is, but especially keep a focus on providing the best product”, says SEED engineer, Thomas Harter.
The outcome is remarkable: a do-it-all trail bike with a dual personality. “We took the original DNA of the famous Tracer VP and re-designed and improved it using carbon fiber construction”, says Steber.
The Carbine is proving to be Intense’s best all-around trail bike. The combination of the properties of carbon fiber and the magic of patented VPP suspension makes the new Carbine a segment leader.
- Colors: Naked Carbon (which looks kick ass), Shiny Red (which looks kick ass)
- 5.5 to 6 inch All Mountain
- tapered (1-1/8 to 1-1/2in) head tube
- direct-mount front derailleur
- BB92 bottom bracket and Intense’s G1 replaceable dropouts
- Dropper post cable routing
- rigid rubbery “FLK-GRD” protectors on the DT and CS
- 68° head angle, 73° seat angle and 13.25in BB with a 150mm-travel fork
- 67° head angle, 72° seat angle and 13.5in BB with a 160mm fork
- 16.75in Chainstay
- 5.5 lb (medium frame)
- Prife: $2,579
- Source: Bike Radar