SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING 2010 EVENT!!!!!
2010 Cross Country and All-Mountain entries will be available on Active.com, starting April 1st, 2010 at 8:00pm
Downievile Classic Friends and Family,
After a week of positive emails, (thank you everyone for your love and support) we’re ready to take another run at registration. In the spirit of elevating the event, we will be adopting some of the constructive recommendations that were made. After all, the Downieville Classic is the most important mountain bike race in the world and we want to keep it that way, both for the riders and for the team of friends that put the event on.
So, here’s how things are going to work for All-Mountain.
1. Starting in 2011, you must “qualify” for the All-Mountain to be eligible for an entry.
2. For the 2010 All-Mountain, we’re qualifying top finishers from the following 2009 Downieville Classic races: the top 2 finishers in each category from Saturday’s combined XC and All-Mountain classes; the top 2 finishers in each category from Sunday’s Downieville Downhill race; and the top 2 finishers in each category from the All-Mountain overall. (In some cases the same person qualifies multiple times. These riders will only receive 1 All-Mountain entry).
3. There will no longer be All-Mountain categories for Sport or One Speed. Sport and One Speed riders that qualified by making the podium in 2009 will need to bump to an appropriate Expert category for 2010. See the All-Mountain page on this web site for a detailed 2010 category breakdown.
4. The remaining 2010 All-Mountain entries will be available on Active.com, starting April 1st at 8:00pm.
5. The 2010 Cross Country race will be a qualifier for the 2011 All-Mountain. There will be other “qualifying” events, which are to be determined by race promotor.
6. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Here is the list of riders that are qualified for the 2010 Downieville Classic All-Mountain World Championships. Congratulations! If your name is on this list, please contact Heather Williams at email@example.com to secure your All-Mountain entry for 2010. Once you have made contact and have verified that you indeed want to compete, you will receive a Passcode. This Passcode will allow you to register and pay through the Active.com site. Passcodes will be given out after April 1st, 2010.