|Where: Ely, Nevada and the surrounding mountains. The event takes place on BLM and USFS administered lands under special use permits.
When: June 13th, 2009 9:00 a.m. at Broadbent Park 501 mill St.
Registration/Check in: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Friday June 12th at Jailhouse Casino (211 5th St.) and 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. on race day at Broadbent Park.
- An enduro format mountain bike event. Timed sections mostly downhill, combined time wins.
- Men’s and women’s events for all classes.
- New fun ride class that is shorter in length and less climbing than the beginner class.
- Beginner Class: 17.5 miles, 2,300′ elevation gain, 2 timed sections.
- Sport Class: 26.6 miles, 3,500′ elevation gain, 3 timed sections.
- Expert Class: 33.3 miles, 5,400′ elevatin gain, 5 timed sections.
Special Note: Please wash your bikes before coming to Ely to help prevent the spread of noxious, invasive plant species. These invasive plants can be a severe fire danger and as well as a threat to wildlife habitat and the livelihood of local farmers and ranchers.
In addition to the many fine hotels in the Ely area, there is also free camping available at Broadbent Park (start/finish area) Friday and Saturday night. If you camp, remember that you are in a residential neighborhood, so be considerate and keep the noise down. Restrooms and hopefully showers will be available. The park is within walking distance to downtown Ely with shops, restaurants, and bars!
There will be 3-5 timed sections or “special tests”, mostly twisty downhills. The sum of the times on these special tests will determine the winner. So take your time on the uphills and enjoy the scenery and then let it all hang out in the special tests. Here’s the rules.
Things to Do
Be sure to spend some extra time around town and check out some of the other rides that the Ely area has to offer.
Kent Robertson 775-289-6042 or email@example.com